- Known as Luiza in its native Greece and Verveine in France, Lemon Verbena’s name derives from the citrus and lemon fragrance given off by the leaves.
- We only organic verbena picked and packaged within the EU. This tea has been hand-picked from the slopes of the West Pindos Mountains in Greece, resulting in an amazing Lemon fragrance.
- Verbena was originally grown by the ancient Egyptians, and has long been valued by Mediterranean cultures for its multiple uses as a herbal remedy. In Wales and England, verbena was even believed to be a potent aphrodisiac!
- We highly recommend trying Lemon Verbena as a delicious and refreshing iced tea. It’s perfect for a sunny afternoon.
- Luiza’s health benefits are caused by the presence of large amounts of Luteolin. Luckily, a cup of Lemon Verbena tastes far better than other Luteolin-rich foods such as celery.