Taiping Houkui Monkey Chief Tea - Tai Ping Hou Kui Famous Green Tea From China
- Taiping Houkui tea is a true delight for the tea lover. Also known as Monkey Chief, this tea’s history only stretches back to the 19th Century, but don’t let that fool you! This is a real treat!
- Monkey Chief will surprise you thanks to its sheer size. The leaves used to create Taiping Houkui are much larger than you’d expect, and grow only in yellow mountains of Taiping and Huang Shang.
- This loose leaf tea offers a uniquely smooth floral scent and flavour, quite unlike the vegetal green or rich toasted flavours you’d find in the other teas we sell. This really is one of a kind.
- Of course, Monkey Chief is famous for much more than its large leaves. Taiping Houkui is ranked as one of China’s “famous ten” green teas, and has won multiple awards the world over.
- This loose leaf tea has been handled with the utmost care and attention to ensure that it reaches you in perfect condition, ready to be enjoyed.