- Butchers Broom is an evergreen shrub which grows throughout Europe, Asia and the most Northern parts of Africa. It has been used as a traditional medicine since the days of ancient Greece, especially the roots of the plant.
- Butcher’s Broom was highly prized in ancient European cultures, who believed it could improve the general wellbeing of those who consumed it.
- The name Butchers Broom actually comes from the original use of the plant. In medieval times, people would use the stiff branches of the plant as a small broom to clean and sweep their butchering blocks!
- If you’re unsure how best to prepare this Butchers Broom, our experts will be happy to offer their advice.
- As with everything we sell, our Butchers Broom root is grown by professional farmers, carefully picked, and prepared so that it reaches you in the best possible quality.