- Ceylon cinnamon is a spice made from the ground inner bark of a tree native to Sri Lanka, which once was known as Ceylon. The quils have a refined sweet, almost-floral aroma It has a warm floral note with hints of heat and honeyed fruit like the best cinamon roll you ever had.
- Directly from certified organic fields in Sri lanka where they are made by artisans in a 100 procent natural environment, our organic cinnamon sticks add great spice to meats, baked goods and drinks.
- Cinnamon is used mainly as an aromatic condiment and flavouring additive in a wide variety of cuisines, sweet and savoury dishes, breakfast cereals, snackfoods, tea and traditional foods. Perfect for curries, teas and cakes, we know many bakers, gourmet chefs and baristas who use ours.
- Cinnamomum verum, or Ceylon cinnamon, is considered "true" cinnamon compared to other species in the same genus, and not to be mistaken for cassia cinnamon which is of lower quality. The flavour of Ceylon cinnamon is much more delicate, improving the other flavours instead of overpowering them.
- We are very glad to have found this organic top quality product, directly from the kindest farmers, it's an honor and a blessing to work with people so passionate about what they do.