- Butchers Broom is an evergreen shrub which grows throughout Europe, Asia and the most Northern parts of Africa. It has been used as a traditional medicine since the days of ancient Greece, especially the roots of the plant.
- In ancient Greece and Rome, Butchers Broom root was believed to aid in the healing process, and was the basis of a number herbal remedies.
- The name Butchers Broom actually comes from the original use of the plant. In medieval times, people would use the stiff branches of the plant as a small broom to clean and sweep their butchering blocks!
- The roots of the Butchers Broom plant contain a number of phytochemical compounds and antioxidants, many of which are currently under close study from medicinal companies around the world.
- As with everything we sell, our Butchers Broom root is grown by professional farmers, carefully picked, and prepared so that it reaches you in the best possible quality.